Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can I get dried fingernail polish out of carpet?

HELP!!! I've already tried fingernail polish remover and oxyclean (usually works if the paint is still a little wet) The carpet doesn't have any padding if that makes a difference.How can I get dried fingernail polish out of carpet?
O jee, this depends on the material of your carpet! Maybe, my webpage on fingernail (polish) remover can provide you some clue to fix this problem:





http://www.handresearch.com/finger-nails鈥?/a>





Good luck!How can I get dried fingernail polish out of carpet?
Try to cut it out with out making huge bald spots.
Nail varnish Usually pink or red, stiff, shiny or build-up / red dye or pigment in a liquid cellulose acetate base, solvent plasticizer Apply dry cleaning solvent. Apply POG*, blot. Apply amyl acetate if available, or nail polish remover. PRE-TEST FIRST


Oils Circular, elongated or cross shaped darkening with age / petroleum distillate or vegetable oil polyglicerized methyl silicate, preservatives Apply dry-cleaning solventApply POG*, blot. Alternately dry-cleaning solvent and POG* blotting frequently. Apply detergent solution, blot. Apply ammonia solution, blot. Apply vinegar solution, blot.





Carpet cleaning: Paint to Shoe polish
soak cotton balls in nail polish remover and place them on the dried nail polish. You have to leave them there and keep soaking them. The reason you cant get it out is the polish remover dries before it loosens the polish. (I've done this) You could also use paint thinner but depending on your carpet color and brand you could ruin the coloring in that spot.
I havent done it.. but I have been told alchol will get it out of carpet... a beautician told me that... good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment