Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it possible to get an ingrown fingernail?

Sorry for the disgusting question, I think I may have the beginnings of one. It's a little red, but not swollen. There is no puss near it. It doesn't hurt either. But the nail lies deeply on one side.)





What is the best way to treat it?Is it possible to get an ingrown fingernail?
I had the same problem, but with my toenail during field hockey season because of my cleats. This will sound gross, but you might want to try easing a nail file underneath the nail on the side where it lies the deepest... daily. If worse comes to worse, you'll need to get the nail cut out so it can grow in again correctly.Is it possible to get an ingrown fingernail?
it is quite possible just don't play with it and keep it clean, soak it in some lemon and rosemary maybe even epsom salt
Its possible.....could it be a hang nail that is just to small to actually see.
It is possible, though not as likely as ingrown toenails. Try soaking it and trimming the nail on that side- but be careful not to cut down into the quick. And douse it with alcohol to keep infection from setting in.





Good luck!
Soak it in warm water and Epsom salt. Also, don't pick at it.
yes I Head one onus I got it removed dy the Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment