Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Will my fingernail drop off and will it hurt if it does?

I trapped my finger in a car door (stupid i know...) and my finger swelled up, luckily I didn't break it but it hurt a lot. Now my fingernail has gone almost completely black. I want to know if it will fall off and how much it will hurt when this happens. I want to know what to expect...





Also any tips on what to do in the meantime, or when my fingernail falls off, to help it heal quickly and reduce the pain would be much appreciated.





Thanks!Will my fingernail drop off and will it hurt if it does?
it doesn't hurt. like the above answer says it grows underneath then the top black stuff gets pushed off. Will my fingernail drop off and will it hurt if it does?
The pain you feel is the trapped blood behind he nail!





This happened to my daughter when she was in her teens-the pain was so bad that I took her to A %26amp; E.





They pierced her nail with a needle and the blood squirted out!


It sounds awful, but it was very quick and the pain went straight away.





My daughter lost her nail eventually (It did not hurt) and the nail grew back again.
Wow that is one of the most painful things that can happen to a person and I think most people do it once in their lives.


Your nail most probably will fall off.Let it fall off, do not pull it off,not even the last little bit.Keep it clean. Should be O.K. and will grow again.


Have you heard of the Nail Fairy.
I did exactly the same and found a new nail grew underneath it.


It doesn't hurt, but it will be sore.
no it won't sweetie you need to put a bag of cold ice on it .. it happens to me all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment