Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to access a small splinter under a fingernail?

Apart from bathing the finger in salt water, any ideas about how to get rid of this splinter under a fingernail? It's totally inaccessible.





Thanks!How to access a small splinter under a fingernail?
If it's not painful,leave it alone,otherwise keep soaking it in hot soapy water and try moving it with eyebrow tweezers,How to access a small splinter under a fingernail?
Since last night I have a feeling that I have a small splinter on the side of my index finger near the base of the nail but I can't see anything so I'm just waiting for it to either go away or get bad enough to see a doctor.





I don't know that you can do anything besides go to a doctor but it will be bad if they have to take off the nail.
Ouch! I'm sorry about your finger.





Do you have cuticle clippers? They're pointy instead of arced half moons.





I had a terrible sliver under my nail several weeks ago and the only way I could get it out was to use the cuticle clippers to cut the nail back. Not the whole nail, just the small portion of it that covered the sliver. It had already been separated from the nail bed by the splinter so it wasn't any more painful to do. After the the splinter came out I just had to wait for the little ';v'; shape that I'd cut into my nail to heal.
If the splinter is deeply embedded then you should leave it alone and go see the nurse, to poke and prod it with anything could lead to an infection.
get some magnesium sulphate paste (also known as drawing ointment) from the pharmacy, cover your finger in it and put on a plaster over night, it should bring it out
Leave it alone for now and after a day or two you can squeeze the end of your finger and it will pop out on its own.








I handle wood every day so this happens often.
Magnesium Sulphate available from Chemist





Just keeps everything soft and body expels it









Go to a clinic if you have had no luck as yet, or phone NHS Helpline. 0845 4647.









Put some Elmer's glue under there and let it dry completely. Then pull it out with the splinter.
Try Tweezers if you havent already after you have bathed them (your fingers that is, not your tweezers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment