Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do you know if you are going to lose a fingernail?

I pulled a fingernail back the other day by accident. It bled and hurt that night, but I thought that was the end of it. Now it appears as if it is wanting to seperate from the nailbed on one side and is turning white and yellow.





Does this mean my nail may be falling off? Should I see the doctor about it? What should I expect?How do you know if you are going to lose a fingernail?
It will turn black (not yellow). They usually only fall off if you've done something to the part at the base of the nail (I call it the nub)


It may separate from the nail bed since you probably didn't pull it all the way down to the nub, and it will be discolored but won't fall off.


Doctors won't be able to do anything for you unless it gets infected (which is a slight possibility I guess). It will take a long time to grow out. you can do things to increase your nail growth like eating a lot of gelatin.

No comments:

Post a Comment