Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why do my fingernails hurt after I put fingernail polish on them?

It almost feels like they are suffocating. It has been suggested that it could be an allergic reaction. I know it does not make sense, but I am not sure how else to explain it.Why do my fingernails hurt after I put fingernail polish on them?
I have a friend who is allergic to a certain ingredient in nail polishes. For me, nail polish feels weird - like my nails are suffocating just because I *never* where it - but, if it hurts you then you might be allergic.Why do my fingernails hurt after I put fingernail polish on them?
Nail polish can feel a bit like it's suffocating your nails. It makes my nails feel initially cold. However if it hurts then could be an allergy.
I think the person who suggested it may be an allergic reaction is correct. That's my guess, too ...
I have an Aunt who is allergic to nail polish...so you being allergic is highly possible.
  • chap balm
  • 2 comments:

    1. Mine feel weird too when I apply nail polish. Like it's so tight it's squeezing them. It doesn't hurt, but it's distracting enough that I can't sleep with finger nail polish on and as a side affect my finger tips get really warm.
      Which is primarily why I never wear nail polish, that, and I'm a man. So...yeah.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I let my daughter practice painting nail polish on my fingers.

        Delete