Saturday, January 23, 2010

My fingernail is split down the middle to the half-way part. What do I do?

I tried a band-aid and took it off, and the nail stayed together until I scratched my leg and now, like before, one side goes up and one side stays. It's really annoying and I can't cut it down b/c the split is too far down. What do I do? 10 points to best answerMy fingernail is split down the middle to the half-way part. What do I do?
put on clear nailpolish, and put a bandaid/tape over it.


nails grow, and as long as you dont touch it, it should grow, and eventually you will be able to get it cut.


if it really hurts, go to your doctor, and he/she can cut it down for you.





hope this helps :)My fingernail is split down the middle to the half-way part. What do I do?
well hmm i think what you can do is: cut the nail (not from where it broke, but if its long then shorten it ) this will prevent it from gettin stuck, scratchin,etc. If you have clear nail polish then apply it. Afte that just put a band aid over it. (i know this doesnt help much, but there isnt much you can do but wait till it grows out %26gt;.%26lt;)


hope it gets well soon ^^


(aw and i dont think anything will happen to the skin underneath your nail, ive done it before and nothing happened.) =]
Put nail strenghtener on it! Any drugstore will have nail strengthener, which is like clear nail polish, but it really helps your nails get stronger. Also, after the strengthener dries bandaid it again for about a week or two, removing it once a day to reapply the strengthener. It worked for me!
well hon try filing it as much as u can wihtout making it hurt, and then u just have to leave it and try not to touch it !


maybe putting on a base coat would help it harden, and then u just have to wait to grow it out.


hope this helps!xx
You can put some super glue into the crack before you paint over it. It won't hurt the skin underneath. Then slap on a Band-Aid.





Good luck!
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment