Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fingernail cutting tips for classical guitar playing?

I play a classical guitar. I find that even when I cut my index finger fingernail as short as possible, it's still too long. Anyone have similar issues or tips on fingernail care?Fingernail cutting tips for classical guitar playing?
Try filing them down. As an Electric guitarist, I have no nails, because nails get in the way when playing guitar. But I do remember my classical days. Since you are playing by your hands only, and no picks, you would want to have a little of nail to your picking hand to make picking and strumming easier, and no nail at all to your fretting hand to be able to get your intonation correctly. The person who answered that he sharpens them down to little picks, that's very interesting, and not a very bad idea at all. The only problem I can see there, is what about when your not playing guitar? Hope this helps you out.





P.S. It might be that you are curving your fingers too much. Try curving them less and see what happens.Fingernail cutting tips for classical guitar playing?
keep your left hand as short as possible. you dont want to be scratching up the fret board but if i keep my strumming fingernails longer. when your fingerpicking i think it sounds cooler
Yea I have a suggestion. I play with my nails. I kinda sharpen them so they're like 4 little guitar picks. Way better for strumming too!
WHAT fingernails?... I haven't had a decent fingernail on my left hand in so many years I don't remember what one would look like

No comments:

Post a Comment