Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I prevent a ripped fingernail from ripping further?

I accidentally hit my finger last week and my fingernail got a tear. Normally I would just tear off the end of the nail, but if I did that this time, I would take half my finger nail off (painful!!).





I've been trying to protect my finger from coming into contact with anything that might catch it and rip half the nail off, but I'm wondering what else I can do with it.How do I prevent a ripped fingernail from ripping further?
cut it off as short as possible without it being painful, file as much as possible and put a band-aid on your finger to cover the snag. I have had to do this many times.How do I prevent a ripped fingernail from ripping further?
What you're doing is good. Also, put a band-aid on it and wait for the nail to grow out so you can rip it off safely.
Superglue...just be careful. It will grow with the nail till you can cut it
You can either buy some nail glue or you can also buy some of the press on nails or go to a salon and have your nails done. As soon as you get the nail covered and you have gel or acrylic put over the nail you won't even feel the nail. If you don't want to keep the nails on, just leave them on until your nail grows out.
Wrap it up.
Go check out this site. It has photo instructions and is very detailed. Good luck!





http://www.pineapple-girl.com/fingernail…
Try 2 clip it I know it hurts but its the best thing u can do then put some neosporin sry i dont know how 2 spell that. lol


and put a bandaid on it.


that should help! good luck!
Take a little piece of tea bag and literally super glue it on the underside of the nail. That should hold it for a few days while it grows. I've done this many times with good results.
Go get a little brush on nail glue at the drugstore. Brush it on the nail all around the tear. It might sting a little at first. Reapply every couple of days as needed.
cut the nail
rewind time and youve learned your lesson
a band-aid
First, it depends on how long the ';tear'; is and how low the tear is. But, a little super glue usually works, for awhile. Make sure it is dry before you use it for pressure-type work.

No comments:

Post a Comment