Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I treat fingernail fungus with a home remedy?

I have acrylic nails, my thumb nail is getting a fungus, what can I do at home? I do not want to have the nails removed, I know that is best, but what can I say? I am vain....How do I treat fingernail fungus with a home remedy?
As a former licensed nail tech I can tell you that the only thing for you to do is remove the acrylics. Either remove them yourself with an acetone soak or have them professionally removed. You run the risk of complications if you leave them on. Be smart and give your nails a break and wait for the infection to grow out. Most cases will grow out and become clear again, because it's more of a mildew situation than an actual viral fungus.


You also need to address the reason why you got the fungus. Are you getting them filled every 2 weeks? if you wait a long time between fills you run the risk of infection. What kind of nail salon are you going to.. you need to make sure the sanitation of your salon is up to snuff. Some asian salons do not sterilize all of the implements between clients. And fungus is very contagious.


If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.How do I treat fingernail fungus with a home remedy?
umm like dont!
my pinky had nail fungus on it last year and i just treated it with toothpaste. i used colgate strengthening toothpaste coz someone told me way back that the nail is somewhat the same as with the teeth only it's more thin compared to the teeth., after 3 weeks, it was gone!
Say good bye to your thumb because it you don't take them off it will spread and even get into your blood system. That's gang green and they will amputate your thumb. Once you take them off you can go to the local beauty supply store and buy a fungus removal nail polish. it works in about one week then you can go back to get your nails back on.
squeeze a lemon on top of them n leave it for about 10 min do it everyday n after 2 weeks ull see them healed

No comments:

Post a Comment