Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it true that human fingernail and toenail clippings make excellent insulation for houses?

I know this seems like a weird question, but my Grandma swears that she read an article in Popular Mechanics in the late 1950's that said that human fingernail and toenail clippings were excellent insulation for houses. I am building a house next year and if this is true, I would like to try it. My only problem will be getting enough people to donate their clippings, I think I can get the local nursing homes, prison, and hospital to donate. But I want to know that this is going to work first before I go to the trouble.Is it true that human fingernail and toenail clippings make excellent insulation for houses?
you have got to be kiddingIs it true that human fingernail and toenail clippings make excellent insulation for houses?
I'd use human hair first, easier to find at hair salons. Plus think of the smell if it gets wet from a flood, smelling dirty feet yuck!





I'd use straw before fingernails. If you do use fingernails, make sure none of them have old dried up boogers on them.
Hey Let me know how you do obtaining Nail Clippings rom those sources.I would also like to obtain clippings for a piece of art I am working on.Called The Endless Nail!E mail me or stay in contact with me ok


I have hundred s of nails
Go ahead and get that nasty nail fungus.
???


...





!!!
Hmm...I hope your joking...But I'll humor you. Finger nails and Toenails are dead to begin with, but that doesn't mean that they will last forever. Not only do they not insulate...our bodies lose the MOST heat from our heads and our feet, and we have toe nails on our feet, but they will degrade with time. That's why scientists do not test for DNA with finger nails, but rather fingerprints. Secondly, it's virtually impossible. If you were serious about building a house, you'd know that NO contractor would EVER let you even do this. If you were really building a house, you could spend considerably less buying EXCELLENT insulation.





P.s. In 1950's, American's also didn't know anything about AIDS or cancer. Do you really want to trust someone that old?
i dont know about the insulation properties of human Nails but i know they taste great on toast ..yum!
Heck No! How can you get that many clippings. Plus, do you really want your home smelling like foot?
It might work but the effort is not worth it. For that matter you can use anything you can get your hands on to insulate but does not mean its going to be worth the effort. Building a new house, you definately do not want to 'experiment' with such an important factor. If your looking for efficiency, sprayed foam is the best there is period.
WTF
how would you get that many fingernails ? But hair works i heard
WHY do you even waste the space on my computer screen????

No comments:

Post a Comment