Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I get a fingernail polish stain out of my dress?

I accidently wasted fingernail polish on my dress. Its green and a silky material. How can i get it out WITHOUT ruining it?


HELP!!!How do I get a fingernail polish stain out of my dress?
Fingernail polish is one of the unforgivable stains. Nothing can get it all the way out.How do I get a fingernail polish stain out of my dress?
Nothing. Not even a dry cleaner can help you. Been there done that with a jacket one time. Its hopeless. Try an applique of some sort if that will work..take it to an alterations shop and get some idea of how it can cleverly be covered with a stoned design, trim, etc.
Silk is sensitive so I would try a little nail polish remover on the other side of the hem to test and then if it doesn't change the color of the silk or damage the fabric, carefully (using a Q-tip) work on the nail polish stains. I doubt that dye would have any effect. Anything you try, check the label for warnings about use on silk.





It's a difficult stain on a delicate fabric.
that is not coming out. sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment