Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How can my fingernail quick go back to normal?

Due to some bad habits, the quick of my fingernail begins a little deeper into the finger than normal, i.e. the beige part of the fingernail begins lower. Therefore, whenever I try to trim my fingernails, I can't trim them up to near the quick because it would expose a lot of skin. (Which hurts) This skin is supposed to be underneath the ';pink'; nails, but they're exposed now.





What can I do?How can my fingernail quick go back to normal?
If you are very careful to not clean too deep or cause other activities that push the nail away from the skin it should heal but will probably take a month or more. The fingernail's function is to protect the end of the fingers from damage when doing various activities that could press or puncture on this part of the finger. Therefore it is not good to cut your nails to the quick. There should be at least a little of the white left showing. Cutting your nails too short also can contribute to the nail separation from the finger where it should be pink. Keep the problem nail longer than the area that is supposed be attached to the skin to encourage the healing of that area. Hope this answers your question..
  • chap balm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment