Sunday, January 17, 2010

What's the best way to fix a torn / tearing fingernail?

I play classical guitar and need to ahve my nails long. I use clear nail polish to help strengthen my nails becasue they have a habit of tearing at the base. A friend recomended using tissue paper and nail polish to stop a tear going all the way though the nail - are there any better ways? This problem happens to me a lot. Would a cream to toughen my nails help? My nails have to be slightly flexible to get a good sound out of the guitar, and I don't want to use fiberglass ones as these really damage your fingernails long term.





Please help - All sugestions welcome. Thank you :-)What's the best way to fix a torn / tearing fingernail?
try clear nailpolish (a strenghthening kind, check your diet to see if you are getting enough protein and nutrients.)


DRINK MILK!


cut nails- sometimes the nutrients will concentrate on a smaller area and will make the now smaller nail stronger!





Good luck- i play piano and i know what you mean, i just fine it easier to cut my nails and put a strenghtening nail polish or clear coat.What's the best way to fix a torn / tearing fingernail?
superglue works well on them
I have heard the best fix for a tearing nail is part of an unused tea bag and crazy glue. But that would really only be if you paint them a color so you wouldn't see the tea bag.
Super glue.....With a mini brush....Like nail a nail polish brush.





Crazy glue brand....with a brush....Avail. at your local hardware store.

No comments:

Post a Comment