Friday, January 15, 2010

What can i do to keep my fingernail from being infected?

I was trying to cut some dead cuticle off of my fingernail and ended up cutting some of my nail away where my nail bed meets the cuticle and now i have a hole there and the tissue underneath is pushing through. I've been cleaning it with peroxide and putting neosporen on it and keeping a band-aid to try to keep it clean. Does anyone else have any suggestions b.c i really don't want it infected!What can i do to keep my fingernail from being infected?
Stop using peroxide. It's often too harsh and will slow down healing by killing the regenerating cells.


Neosporin is good and bandaging it is good.


Another thing you can do is soak your finger in warm water with Epsom salts. That will help prevent infection and will draw out any infection if one occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment