Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is there any way possible you can get fingernail polish off of carpet?

My lil girl got red fingernail polish on our bluish green carpet so yea its very noticable. Is there any way i can get it off?Is there any way possible you can get fingernail polish off of carpet?
I do not recommend using nail polish remover to get it out. I have tried that before and the acetone in it can bleach your carpet. It also made the stain worse for me because it spread all over when I was rubbing it out.


Now I know this may sounds crazy but it does work...


Rub shaving cream gently over the area, until there is no sign of the nail polish. Gently rinse off with clean water and dab with a sponge, until all the water is absorbed.


Ive also heard that hairspray is very effective too.


Good luck!Is there any way possible you can get fingernail polish off of carpet?
I think hairspray works.
Try fingernail polish remover.
umm you could try this stuff called mean green - we get it at the local dollar general but other than that i don't know of anything....sorry





finger nail polish will destroy the carpet...been there
I don't know about nail polish, but I always remove stains on carpet by putting general carpet cleaner spray, add shout, dish soap and some table salt scrub with scrub brush and then vacum. Hope it helps.
Use fingernail polish remover that doesn't have oils in it. Test in a closet or somewhere it won't show.





Dab, don't rub. Keep dabbing, and blotting with a clean, white cloth. Don't use paper towels. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment