Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's the best way to get fingernail polish out of carpet?

Daughter got into mama's fingernail polish and there are large dried droplets and a few smears. I'm looking for the best way to take it out.What's the best way to get fingernail polish out of carpet?
My roommate did that right before we moved out of a rental...what a nightmare.


Believe it or not, windex took most of it out. We also used nail polish remover. I don't know that you can get the big droplets out, but the smears should come out. Hope the carpet was old.What's the best way to get fingernail polish out of carpet?
Don't use acetone though! If you use nail polish remover get the non acetone kind. Sort fabrics literally desintegrate from acetone!

Report Abuse



use oops you can get it from walmart stores


wont hurt capet i used it to get paint off my carpet 2 days ago

Report Abuse



You should try nail polish remover.
I don't know if this is the best way, but I've had that happen before and I've just used plain old fingernail polish remover. It didn't hurt my carpet, but then again my carpet is pretty old and shot anyway. Best to try it in an inconspicuous area first to be sure it won't ruin your carpet. And before you try anything, google it and see if you find any better suggestions on the internet. Good luck!
try using acetone
Haha... agreed with answer one.





If for some reason it doesn't come up, try ';goof off';. You'll find it in the hardware section of department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment