Friday, January 15, 2010

How to remove fingernail polish from comforter?

I also asked this in the cleaning and laundry section but thought that mom's her might know as well! My 5 yr old daughter thought it would be fun to paint her fingernails on her bed and obviously got it on her comforter. I didn't want to use fingernail polish remover on it bc I didn't want to smear it all over the place and I wasn't for sure if it would work. Any ideas?How to remove fingernail polish from comforter?
Hi! Wow, you brought back a memory for me!


First off, yes, using nail polish remover will smear, and from my experience it won't work. I would just leave it on there, and in a few weeks launder the comforter as usual - and with time it may flake and crack off.





And secondly, the story! Similar to the first mom's.


It amazed me what my 2 year old son did within a time span of 10 minutes apart from me. He got my box of nail polish bottles, and proceeded to open like more than 10 of them, and dump and smear them on our comforter - and ALL over himself!


Of course, first I was so scared because he had it on him and worried that it went in eyes, nose or mouth, but it hadn't. It was summer so he was just in a tshirt and diaper - so I had to get him to the washroom, and gingerly clean his skin carefully with nail polish remover and immediately soaping and washing those parts as I went along. SO, all in all, child was fine!


The other story was the comforter. It was handmade, given to us for our wedding four years before, and it was beautiful, warm and cozy - it even had a name, we called her Pinky! When I had a chance, I tried cleaning it with the nail polish remover, but it just smeared and soaked through, and made a big awful mess. Needless to say, now I know it would have been better off just to have left it alone - but it was the sheer volume of the puddles, streaks and smears on there, I thought it would come off somehow.


I was together enough to have taken a photo of him - perched in the middle of our bed, bottles strewn around him, and all these colourful streaks everywhere on him and the comforter. What a memory!How to remove fingernail polish from comforter?
Oh man...My son did that when he was about 2 years old he like opened a ton of bottled and shook them!!! It was everywhere. I wish I had some advise on how to remove it. Maybe with the nail polish remover you can just dab it rather then rubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment