Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do I get fingernail polish out of a comforter?

My 11 y.o. daughter spilled hot pink nail polish on her pale green and lilac comforter. Is there any hope of getting it out without ruining the fabric?How do I get fingernail polish out of a comforter?
You don't say what material the comforter is made of, so assuming is man made fibre you could use nail varnish remover, white spirit or paint thinner.





Use one at a time and not one straight after the other. DO NOT mix them.





A lecture to your daughter about using paint and other similar substances over newspaper and preferibly on a non-carpeted floor would probably be wise to avoid future similar trouble. Although if she's like my own daughter, you'll be wasting your breath, lol.How do I get fingernail polish out of a comforter?
I've tried everything and nothing works. My white shirt with pretty maroon nailpolish is now my painting shirt. Maybe you could artistically spill or dot the same nailpolish all over the comforter so it looks intentional. Pink, pale green and lilac would be charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment