Friday, January 15, 2010

Why do you get ridges in your fingernail as you get older?

My mom and grandma both have deep ridges in their fingernails now that they are older. I am 32 and have noticed tiny ridges starting in mine to. Anyone know why this is and if there is anything I can do to prevent it further?Why do you get ridges in your fingernail as you get older?
bad dietWhy do you get ridges in your fingernail as you get older?
hmmm... .i've heard it can be caused by not enough protien in your diet..... just a thought
I dont think you don't have to be old to have ridges.


I think it depends on you're diet.


I had a friend who had ridges on her fingernail and she's 13,


from what she's told me, she eats from the dollar menu in Mac like everyweek. xD


Avoid eating from mac haha


Eat healthy =D
Hi there!





Those vertical ridges aren't just limited to the aged and elderly as you are just discovering.





If the natural oil and the moisture levels decline in the nail plate, it will cause this ';rail and groove'; effect.





These ridges will improve through re-hydration of the nail plate. Use a good quality nail and cuticle oil containing Jojoba and Vitamin E twice a day.





You should notice an improvement in 3 to 4 weeks.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment