Friday, January 15, 2010

Fingernail side jammed in side of finger and in my skin. How do I get it back out of my skin?

My right hand's middle finger's finger nail (that's a mouth full) got pushed into my finger, and now I've tried pulling the skin down to see if I could see the edge and it's actually in my skin.


What do I do to get it back out of my skin?Fingernail side jammed in side of finger and in my skin. How do I get it back out of my skin?
Ice it then get a pair of tweezers and pull it out.Fingernail side jammed in side of finger and in my skin. How do I get it back out of my skin?
That's a mouthful. Sounds awfully painful. Are you willing to fix this by yourself without pain meds? The nail will probably fall off and regrow over a years time. I'd gently rinse it and disinfect it, mild soap/warm to cool water, bacitracin or neosporin if not allergic and pad/ wrap gently overnight. Let it heal a bit on it's own and reduce inflammation overnight, unless you want to mess with it now. Definitely watch for infection, might want to check in with a doc for oral antibiotics. be careful with hygiene... if you're going to mess with this tonight, you need to disinfected any tweezers or scissors that you use, dip in bleach rinse with hot water, or flame it and rinse, just be careful , please. I've spent many nights in OR hand traumas for ';simple'; infections...

No comments:

Post a Comment