Sunday, January 17, 2010

How can I keep my damaged fingernail on my nailbed to help it heal?

Like a retard, I pulled off an acrylic nail that was still pretty attached to my pinky nail. Unfortunately, I pulled off half of my real nail in the process.





Now the fake nail is off, but half of my real nail is lifted off of the nail bed, though it is still pretty well attached on one side.





What should I do? If I keep the nail pressed down, will it heal and go back to normal?





Help!How can I keep my damaged fingernail on my nailbed to help it heal?
If there is enough nail to nail contact, use superglue to attach it. My grand daughter does it when she breaks a nail and it works OK, I guess.





However, do not allow any glue to touch any raw and exposed nail bed. It will hurt like hell and probably cause an infection.





It might be best to keep the broken nail in place with a band-aide until heals and adheres to the nail bed by itself.


That will take many days.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment