Sunday, January 17, 2010

What can I do for this fungus in my fingernail?

The fungus is starting to eat at my fingernail, and is going underneath it where I can't reach it too. I know it's a fungus because a friend had the same thing happen to him and he has to take something for it. Does anyone know what will heal this up that isn't too expensive?What can I do for this fungus in my fingernail?
A good home remedy or should I say remedies are Listerine or vicks vapour rub soak finger in either of the products daily and it will kill the bacteria that is causing the fungus. I know it works.What can I do for this fungus in my fingernail?
How is a fungal nail infection treated?


Several medicines can treat a fungal nail infection. Some of these medicines are not safe for people who have liver problems or a history of congestive heart failure. Be sure to let your doctor know if you have one of these conditions. Your doctor will decide which medicine is right for you.





You might only need to take the medicine for 6 weeks. You might need to take it for 6 months, or longer. It depends on where the infection is and how bad it is.





Topical treatments, or creams and polish that you apply to the top of your nail, are also available. Topical medicines alone usually do not cure nail infections.
well,dont take anything for your fingernail not prescribed. go to the doctor. there was once this commercial to help that....its the one where the fungus lifts the fingernail and crawls inside it...then it turns yellow, and it makes it all better with the medicine
Go to the doctors and they will prescribe you some antibiotics. You should clean them regulary with a gental soap and some warm water. It works. Good luck! :)
Well, if you haven't told your parents I would tell them...........but if you have i would recommend a Doctor. If you I am sure he will have something to do with that fungus
I had the same thing happen to me with on of my acrylic nails, it came loose from my natural nail and developed a slight fungus. I went to my nail salon and bought a product called Fungus Fix, I have been using it twice a day for about two weeks and it is much better. Although if it is extremly bad this may not work it may take a doctor to heal it. This is just a suggestion. The cost is around 16.00.
THE REALLY ISN'T ANY TOPICAL (ON THE SURFACE) YOU CAN REALLY USE.THE ONLY THING THAT WILL CLEAR IT UP IS LAMICIL.THE DR HAS TO GIVE IT TO YOU.YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO GET BLOOD TESTS EVERY SO OFTEN TO MAKE SURE THE MEDICINE DOES NOT HAVE A BAD EFFECT ON YOUR LIVER.
Go to a nail salon. They sell a product to use at home.
Vicks Vapo Rub works very well

No comments:

Post a Comment