Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What are those fragments of broken fingernail that spike up out of your cuticles called?

I had a nail that got dry and peeled down to the cuticle. Now it is growing back in jagged fragments. Is that a hangnail? I keep cutting the fragments and filing them down because they scratch and catch on stuff, but the fragments just never go away. They grow back.What are those fragments of broken fingernail that spike up out of your cuticles called?
That is not a hangnail, what's happening is since your nail peeled all the way to the cuticle you lost a whole layer of your nail, so your finger nails are trying to grow back that layer of nail that peeled away, try to just let it grow instead of keeping cutting it! maybe putting some clear nail polish on top of the the jagged fragments may help it from catching on stuff.


thanks hope this helps :)What are those fragments of broken fingernail that spike up out of your cuticles called?
Omg, I don't know!


WOW I never thought I'd see the day when I can't answer a question.


Nooooo, this is terrible!
I think it is a hangnail
  • chap balm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment