Friday, January 15, 2010

How do I keep my fingernail polish from chipping?

When I paint my nails they always chip. I use really good fingernail polishes, but it still chip. What ami I doing wrong?How do I keep my fingernail polish from chipping?
your probably not doing anything wrong but put on the clear nailpolish after you're done. it will prevent chipping and breakingHow do I keep my fingernail polish from chipping?
Check out the clear top coat nail polish. There are several brands out there that will help prevent chipping.
Make sure you apply the color in thin coats; allow to dry thorougly and apply a top coat. I recommend any top coats from Sally Hansen - they work great and are available in drug stores, etc. Good luck!
Are you using thick coats of paint??


I had the same problem, and I've learned that you need to use thin coats of paint when your doing it...A good top coat/sealer helps too...
Try what I do. Make sure your nails are clean and bare. Paint a coat of clear on them, and let it dry. Then pain 2 coats of the color you desire. Then once again, pain a coat of clear on top. Let it dry for awhile, and as long as your're not doing super heavy hand labor, it stays for a long time! I've done this for years, and one time went 2 weeks without a chip. Just make sure every now and then you let your nails breathe
Make sure polish is thoroughly dry between coats of paint, and the clear coat is always a good idea too! Also, If you wash dishes constantly or something like that that will affect the nail poish, well, just get used to painting them often!

No comments:

Post a Comment