Monday, May 10, 2010

What would cause the white tip part of the fingernail to start showing white in the middle of the fingernail?

where it is the pink part? My mom's pinky fingernails have started doing this. Like if you cut your nail straight across, with all the white tip part off, the white part is still on hers down in the middle of the pink part. Geeze this is hard to explain...I hope someone can understand and help me with this. At the moment she is without insurance so going to the doctor isn't an option.What would cause the white tip part of the fingernail to start showing white in the middle of the fingernail?
Is the nail lifting? Sometimes I notice that since I have had artificial nails taken off that my nails tend to lift and the white area is way down below. Is the the nail looking like maybe it has a fungus?What would cause the white tip part of the fingernail to start showing white in the middle of the fingernail?
I just quit doing my nails and do not use polish or anything and keep them cut as short as possible. Try cutting them down and using a nail anti fungus on them that might help.

Report Abuse



white discoloration or spots or striate lesions may be due to trauma and are more frequetly seen in women .Transverse white bands in all nails may be a sign of acute or chronic arsenic poisoning or,rarely of thallium acetate poisoning.


if it is only one nail it is probably nothing to worry about.


otherwise it is worth a trip to the doctor.
I have one that does that... I got that finger slammed in a door a few years back and it does that now. I don't know what it could be if that's not what happened.
calcium defficiency i think!


xx
it could be that she just damaged the nail, whenever i hit the 'pink part' of my nail on something a white spot forms where i hit it. its almost like a bruise on your nail. good luck!
It could be that she damaged the nail bed and that's how it will grow out forever or she could have a fungal infection under that nail and it is lifting it away from the tissue underneath.





If it's an infection, it needs treated so it doesn't spread to the other nails.





She could get a fungal infection from fake nails or it can be transferred from the foot to the hand or even from someone in the family who has a nail problem by handling their socks while doing laundry.
That happened to me when I slammed a finger (at the nail) between the gas pump thingy and the pump (hanging it back up). It didn't show at first but later, after the bruise/ blood cleared it was white.
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment