Monday, May 10, 2010

Can i fix my fingernail growing improperly due to a scar?

Several years ago i cut the tip of my middle find pretty badly with a knife. now my fingernail grows with a small line down it that is smaller than a hair, where the nail is weak, and when my nail grows too long it splits about a millimeter into where it leaves the finger-tip and one side starts to flake and hurt. I try to just keep it trimmed but the flaking happens on its own sometimes. It's not like one side falls off, just flakes.Can i fix my fingernail growing improperly due to a scar?
The nail is growing improperly due to damage to the nail bed (the scar). Unfortunately this damage is permanent. There are two ways to help. Increase your protein intake. Hair and nails are made from a protein called keratin and if you get a bit more meat in your diet they'll become naturally stronger. The other is a nail strengthening solution. They're sold in most good beauty supply stores and can be quite useful. The question about this answer is if you are willing to buy it yourself.





Perhaps the meat...Can i fix my fingernail growing improperly due to a scar?
go to a doctor they can take care of that, not a regular doctor, maybe like a plastic surgeon but not exactly that.. word..

No comments:

Post a Comment