Friday, May 14, 2010

I cut my fingernail almost in half with a shaver and now my hand feels funny?

It was bleeding alot in the shower but I put pressure on it and it stopped after 5 mins or so.. my hand currently feels numb. What could this be? It is not blood loss I know that.. and could I get HIV from this happening ?I cut my fingernail almost in half with a shaver and now my hand feels funny?
it is probably numb because you hit a nerve. if it was deep then you could have caused some nerve damage which is causing the numbness. not necessarily permanent damage but you will just have to give it time to see. in regard to the HIV you would have to be more clear on the circumstances. HIV cannot survive for periods of time outside the body. so on a razor the virus would die before you used it. only place it has shown to survive outside the body is in syringes since it has the ability to not dry out.so what im trying to get it is no you are safe from HIV unless you had direct fluid contact with someone infected but not from a razor.I cut my fingernail almost in half with a shaver and now my hand feels funny?
No you can't get HIV thats a blood TRANSMITTED disease or sexually transmitted, It could just be you putting alot of pressure on it that sometimes stops circulation of the blood and causes it to feel numb. I fit's just numb maybe you should get it checked out.
It's probably just mild shock from the injury. And unless people with HIV have been shaving themselves in your shower and cutting themselves, there's no chance you can get HIV from it.
does your hand maybe feel like you cut your finger nail in half?

No comments:

Post a Comment