Monday, May 10, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of bad black & blue marks under a fingernail?

I smashed my thumb a few weeks ago and boy did it HURT! Turned greenish blue at first. Now it's really black under the nail. Thank god it does'nt hurt anymore but looks real bad!Can anyone tell me how to get rid of bad black %26amp; blue marks under a fingernail?
I do agree that the best remedy here is time (and a little dark nail polish), but there is another alternative. If you have a small Dremel tool or something that can drill a small hole, you can CAREFULLY drill through the nail to let the blood escape. There is a good chance that at this point, the blood is dried (much like a scab), but you should be able to get it out with a good soak and scrubbing. Depending on the size of the injured area, you may lose your fingernail, especially since you say it doesn't hurt any more. If the nail does start to come off, make sure that you don't pull the whole thing off at once. Take nail clippers and just keep clipping the loose parts until they come off on their own.Can anyone tell me how to get rid of bad black %26amp; blue marks under a fingernail?
Bad Boys Blue MP3 http://buymp3musiconline.net/m鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



Time


Patience


Polish it
It will eventually go away as the nail grows out and the black area moves toward the end.
I did the same thing and you just have to wait for it to grow out. In my case, I had broken my finger and went to the doctor when it happened and they put a small hole in my nail and drained the blood out at the time right after it happened. Too late for you to do this now. The nail still looked awful, but it kept if from falling off until the nail had mostly grown back, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Be aware that you still may lose the nail at some point, but the longer you keep it, the more time you have for healthy nail to grow behind it. So keep it cut short and try to protect it while it grows out.
I don't think you can. It's a blood clot under the nail, you'll have to wait for it to grow out. Get a nice manicure in the meantime. =)
You probably had a bleed under the nail. And there is not a thing you can do except let the nail grow until the black stuff grows out. If this is a problem, doctors can aspirate it using a needle, but you said there is no pain.
Sounds like a blood blister and if thats the case you will just have to wait it out or use finger nail polish ,,, sorry.
It will take time..i slammed my for under a door..and theres a big purple mark under my big toe nail...you just have to wait till you nail grows out...

No comments:

Post a Comment