Friday, May 14, 2010

Does anyone know how to remove a sliver that is under my fingernail?

I got a piece of fir wood under my nail, it is diagonally under the nail, and I can't reach the end of it with tweezers, to pull it out.Does anyone know how to remove a sliver that is under my fingernail?
this is going to hurt but not as bad as if you leave the splinter to get infected. Take a pair of clippers and cut you nail as short as you can so you can get closer to the splinter. Then using a sterile needle try to prod the sliver out. If you can't get it out after you have cut the nail take an egg yolk and mix it with enough salt to make a paste glop it on the finger and cover with a bandage this poltice with help draw the sliver out over the next day or so. Check it daily and wash with soap and water and see if you can reach it with tweezers yet if not add more egg goo (left over egg goo can be refridgerated for about a week if cover or wrapped tightly) and rebandage. Or you can go to the doctor or ER and have the finger numbed and the splinter dug outDoes anyone know how to remove a sliver that is under my fingernail?
Try Smile's Prid Homeopathic Salve and a bandaid. It's a drawing salve and may take a few days. I've had very good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment