Friday, May 14, 2010

How long will it take to grow a new fingernail? when will the old damaged one detach?

i smashed my fingernail in a car door.How long will it take to grow a new fingernail? when will the old damaged one detach?
I had 4 of my nails ripped off when I got in a fight. I was wearing acrylic nails. It took about 4 months for it to grow out. I was scared because two of my nails were completely ripped off, but my nails look normal now.How long will it take to grow a new fingernail? when will the old damaged one detach?
An old study found that nails grow more slowly


with age; growth rate at age 32 was 0.123mm/day, but by age 67 had decreased to 0.095mm/day. No variation with geographical location, physical activity, or season.
it depends on where the nail was damaged. if the nail bed was damaged, then the nail will not grow back and the old nail should be removed.
ouuuchhh it will take time for your nailbed to heal but yes it will grow back! I hope that your finger is okay! I did that once to my thumb!!
6 - 8 months

No comments:

Post a Comment